An unforgettable learning experience in one of the most picturesque places on the planet.
Cuba is bursting with culture, nature and ‚joie de vivre‘, with Havana a city of vibrancy and undefinable beauty, at center stage.
- Compact and easy goingDown to earth and practically oriented.You will learn that ingenious photos are less about technical know-how and more about using your most valuable instrument: Your eyes
- Small Group SizeThe masterclass is limited to 5 - 8 participants.The small size of this group will allow Joerg to offer each participant very dedicated photographic instruction and daily photo review sessions as well as a very exciting visual tour and program in Havana.
- ExperiencePhotographyThe masterclass is open to photographers at all levels who are basically technically self-sufficient, and passionate about improving their image making, in a mindful approach.
Next Masterclass 2019: October 30. - November 05. in HAVANA&TRINIDAD
- Havana arrivalWe settle in and get to know each other.You will be picked up on arrival at José Martí International Airport in Havana and transferred to our accommodation. After the settling in we meet for the first time in the group and go through your equipment and discuss the basic techniques and the conception of our masterclass. Afterwards we go to dinner where everyone can get to know each other.
- Havana unpluggedPhoto walk in Havana Vieja and D'Belver Classic Car TourWe start our first photo walk in Havana Vieja, the most authentic and visually stunning part of the city. We visit the four main squares of La Habana Vieja: Plaza de La Catedral, Plaza de San Francisco de Assis, Plaza de las Armas and Plaza Vieja. You will enjoy real moments with the locals as we walk along the streets, enter houses, workshops and shops. We visit an American Classic Car restoration garage. Learn first hand how they restore these classic American beauties from the 50’s. This setting makes for some amazing photography. Afterwards we depart in these beautifully restored classic cars for a drive, visiting the mansions in the Miramar neighbourhood, along the Malecón , and coming back to the center, to the lively Neptuno street.
- Body&MovementEverything is movement, everything is rhythm.This day is all about movement and rhythm, body and soul. We visit the international acclaimed contemporary dance company MALPASO and watch and photograph the dance rehearsal of the group. During lunch the German photograph Sven Creutzmann, who is living and working since 25 years in Cuba, will give us a lecture about Cuba and photography. Afterwards we change to an indoor location and explore movements with two wonderful dancers of the dance company.
- E-Bike Photo Tour and D'Belver Classic Car Hemingway TourRiding the bike and meet Hemingway's Havana.We enjoy an early morning E-Bike Photo Tour through Vibora and Cerro providing us with many photographic opportunities including produce markets and more. We take ferry across Havana bay to Regla. Regla is situated on the southeastern shore of La Habana Bay, across from the historic centre of Havana, Its foundries, petroleum refineries, shipyards, docks, and warehouses suggest its importance as both port and railhead. In Regla we’ll be picked up in vintage American Classic Cars and take to La Finca Vigía, formerly the home of Ernest Hemingway, where today it still houses his expansive collection of books. It was here where he wrote two of his most celebrated novels: For Whom the Bell Tolls and The Old Man and the Sea.
- D'Belver Classic Car Tour to TrinidadTrinidad, the enchanting colonial city on the south coast of the country.Early in the morning we'll start our 6-hour drive with a D’Belver Classic Car to Trinidad. Where we also have the great opportunity to discover a more rural part of Cuba with its people. By mid-afternoon we check into our hotel located in the heart of the old city of Trinidad. After a relaxing break we set out to explorer the cobbled streets of Trinidad to photograph people and architecture of Trinidad, ending with a sunset photo shoot from the famous bell tower. In the evening, we’ll enjoy live music at the Casa della Trova, a lively local bar.
- Trinidad and Playa AnconTrinidad a truly remote city with a warm colonial charm.We get up very early to photograph the enchanting Trinidad in the magical light of the sunrise, and throughout the day we explore the streets of this truly remote city with a warm colonial charm. After the morning exploring rural Trinidad we take a break to stay out of the midday sun. In the evening we will do another sunset photo walk through Trinidad. For those who like it, there is the possibility to drive to Playa Ancon, probably the most beautiful beach in Cuba. We enjoy another evening with live music in the Casa de la Trova.
- Return to HavanaPhoto review and editing your photo book.We’ll leave for Havana in the morning. After we return to the casa we review your favourite photos of the trip and we’ll finish the editing for your individual photo book. In the late afternoon we wrap up the photo tour and we bid you farewell and you can catch your flight home in the evening, if you’re not opting to stay longer.
• Explore Havana & Trinidad
Enjoy an unique and exiting photographic experience, in a rich, authentic way, full of true encounters.
• Street & Portrait Photography
Experience incredible street and portrait photography.
• Discover your Creativity
Learn photography through a mindful approach.
• D’Belver Classic Car Tours
Enjoy traveling with beautifully restored classic cars.
• Small group size
Receive individual photographic tutoring, tailored to any level, by the award-winning photographer Joerg Reichardt.
We spend the night in cosy and comfortable Casas Particulares, typical Cuban guesthouses, where we enjoy Cubans warm hospitality. All rooms have private bathrooms. In the breaks we will use the time to select and edit our pictures and plan our next photo sessions with Joerg’s competent support and teaching.
D'Belver American Vintage Car Tours
The best photography experiences from passionate mentors!
7-DAYS PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS
Enrol on a unique learning experience in one of the most picturesque places.
Any non-photographer (spouse, friend or significant other) who wishes to come along is counted as a participant and as such must pay his/her way. However, we offer a 25% trip discount to any non-photographer.
7 nights accommodation, pp share,
All local transportation, Taxi, Car, Minibus,
D’Belver Classic Car Tours, E-Bike Tour
Tuition in the field with Street, Dance,
and Portrait Photography,
Cuban Co-Tutor, Local Guide
Post Production Process with Lightroom & Photoshop
with individuell lessons.
to arrive in Havana in time.
Once the trip is confirmed, travel details, suggestions,
and tips to help participants travel to Cuba are provided.
*Visas can be purchased at the airport
before departure from your air carrier.
*Visitors to Cuba must also have
proof of valid medical insurance.
Reserve a space
or drop a message, or have questions, or require invoice payable via PayPal.
MEET YOUR TUTOR
Joerg Reichardt is a German born photographer, specializing in portrait, scenic and documentary photography, with a practical photography experience now over 35 years.
In the last 10 years Joerg shared it’s time between Berlin and Havana, and over the time Havana has become it’s second home. Join the next Masterclass in October in Havana, where he is passing on his knowledge and rich experience in photography.
My primary concern is to open your eyes to the diversity of photographic vision.
Make your own book
Make an exclusive book of your Havana experience.
To see your photos in the context of a layout, is changing the way how you perceive them.
Joerg is setting up a book layout with Lightroom for you and discusses possible content and styles of the photography. Defining the formats and number of pictures in a variety of layouts for an individual book project. After the day Joerg will make a preselection with you and go through your material with a first image editing in Lightroom and Photoshop.
On our first day, Joerg describes the masterclass concept and discusses it with you, explaining possible content and styles of the photography.
After each day Joerg makes a first preselection with you and on our last day, we go through your material again and do a final selection with the appropriate image editing in Lightroom and Photoshop.
A finalised book can then be ordered e.g. via Lightroom at BLURB in the desired edition format and numbers.